[daip] [forwarded] Problem related to AIPS - Your kind help required.

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 19 14:14:41 EST 2012

A blast from the past...

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: indrajit <indrajit at iiap.res.in>
To: pmurphy at nrao.edu
Subject: Problem related to AIPS - Your kind help required.
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:13:14 +0530

Dear Dr. Murphy,

                            This is Indrajit from the Solar Radio
Astronomy Group in Indian Institute of Astrophysics  Bangalore.
Presently I am involved in the process of converting raw visibility data
(UV data) obtained with the Gauribidanur RadioHeliograph
(http://www.iiap.res.in/centers/radio). To identify and flag the bad
antennas I want to use the task VPLOT in AIPS. While doing so I am
facing some problems which I have mentioned below. I would appreciate
your kind help and guidance in overcoming this problem.

Thank You.

Regards,

Indrajit.

PS:

The attached file contains observations on two calibrator sources
Cygnus-A and Tau-A during their transit over Gauribidanur.
---------------------------

In our case we have ANTENNAS=64.

VPLOT1: Task VPLOT  (release of 31DEC11) begins
VPLOT1: ANREFM: NO ANTENNA OR ARRAY RECOGNIZED
VPLOT1: TABINI: REQUESTED AN FILE *** DOES NOT EXIST
VPLOT1: ANINI: ERROR   2 FROM TABINI OPCODE = READ
VPLOT1: ANINI: ERROR   2 INITIALIZING ANTENNA TABLE FOR READ
VPLOT1: GETANT: ERROR  2 OPEN-FOR-READ AN FILE
VPLOT1: TABINI: REQUESTED AN FILE *** DOES NOT EXIST
VPLOT1: ANINI: ERROR   2 FROM TABINI OPCODE = READ
VPLOT1: ANINI: ERROR   2 INITIALIZING ANTENNA TABLE FOR READ
VPLOT1: ANTIN: ERROR IN OPEN AN-FILE IERR =      2
VPLOT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
VPLOT1: indrajit     31DEC11 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
AIPS 1: Resumes
(attachment 1 saved to
 https://staff.nrao.edu/homes/pmurphy/GRHx_20121017_CYG_CRA.fits.zip )
(attachment 2 saved to
 https://staff.nrao.edu/homes/pmurphy/Array_extension.jpg )
------- end of forwarded message -------

--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.   Webmaster (East), Computing Security Manager
 http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/          http://chien-noir.com/maze.shtml