[daip] New Ticket - [!WCU-158640]: Polarisation handling broken for VLBA data?

Adam T Deller do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue May 29 06:02:34 EDT 2012

New Ticket: Polarisation handling broken for VLBA data?

Hi AIPS-ers,

One or the other midnight job between now and approximately 1 week ago has broken AIPS for VLBA data for me.  I suspect it is the one from Sunday, which apparently included a bunch of updates to the FQ table.  Now if I try to run e.g. FRING on some VLBA data, I get:

dop235> FRING1: Task FRING  (release of 31DEC12) begins
dop235> FRING1: UVGET: doing no flagging this time
dop235> FRING1: WARNING: uncalibrated linear polarization data may be a problem
dop235> FRING1: WARNING: uncalibrated linear polarization data may be a problem
dop235> FRING1: Selecting the data
dop235> FRING1: ZCREAT: INVALID BYTE REQUEST =       -7164
dop235> FRING1: SCREAT: DISK  1 ERROR    4 ON SCRATCH CREATE
dop235> FRING1: SCREAT: FAILED TO CREATE REQUESTED SCRATCH FILE
dop235> FRING1: CALCOP: ERROR     5 CREATING SCRATCH FILE
dop235> FRING1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
dop235> FRING1: dop235 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=      0.2  Real=      0  IO=        18

The byte number varies from file to file, but the outcome is the same: no go.

An example file is in ~adeller/tempididata/VLBA_BD161C7_bd161c7_BIN0_SRC00_0_120525T211652.idifits

I can't see where it is getting the idea about linear polarisation from - the AN table says circular and the FQ table says nothing.  Maybe FITLD needs to put some extra info into the FQ table and it hasn't?

Cheers,
Adam

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: WCU-158640