[daip] UVLSF misbehaviour

I.I. Stefan iis21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 7 11:47:02 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using UVLSF to flag based on residual flux a number of datasets (255
from a 60-antenna array). I set up a RUN file which uses the following
parameters for UVLSF:

DEFAULT
INNAME=MYDAY !! '.' !! MYSET !! '.' !! MYLOW
INCLASS='UVCOP'
ORDER -1
DOOUTPUT -1
FLUX=MYFLUX
PRTLEV 1.5
(MYDAY, MYSET and MYLOW are parameters to select a specific dataset)

>From what I understand about the task, having ORDER as a negative should
ensure that the outfile has the continuum added back. However, for some of
the datasets, the outfiles contain only the residuals. The task doesn't
fail, but claims to have ended successfully even for those datasets.
Actually, from just the message file, there is no way of discerning which
outfiles have the continuum added and which haven't - this can be done only
by looking at the uvplots.

Have you encountered this behaviour before? Do you have any idea what's
happening?

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes,
Irina Stefan