[daip] data area management question

Kelley M. Hess hess at astro.wisc.edu
Mon May 7 06:12:43 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

I was trying to be clever about managing my data areas and royally screwed something up.

I successfully created new data areas by editing DADEV.LIST and NETSP and I can read/write to them.  I wanted to test if I could simply move aips files from one data area to another without having to write out the fits files, and write them back in, etc.  I read up on the naming convention, and tried to copy all the proper tables for a single uv file from one data area (disk 1) to another (disk 2), but found that the uv file didn't show up when I typed "pcat" in aips.  In fact, now none of the files which were in "disk 1"--some 100 files--show up when I type "pcat".  I mv'ed all files back to the original data area and I reverted everything back to it's original state, as much as possible, but I still can't see the 100+ files that I originally could and which still exist, untouched in disk 1.    I'm afraid I may have accidentally deleted something crucial…  Anyway, is there a way to force aips to read through the disk 1 directory (/opt/aips/DATA/BEAST_1) and properly recognize the catalog?

Thanks in advance!
Kelley