[daip] question about imean

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 23 11:18:21 EDT 2012

Patrick Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to print out (into a file) the maximum and minimum for each plane
> of a cube.  I normally use IMEAN, but I don't want to see all the
> numbers from a histogram in the same file.  I think I used to be able to
> do this, but I forgot how.
>
> The best I can manage is to specify nbox=2 so only about 5 extra lines
> go into the file.  Is there a way to stop this altogether?
>
> Or, is there a better way to do what I am trying to do.  I like to see
> the rms there but it isn't essential.

There was a bug in IMEAN that caused it not to print much of a histogram
if DOHIST <= 0.  I fixed that which may be the change you are
encountering.  I see no easy way to add an option to print only
essential info to the output text file although such could be added
(probably should be).

I have used PRTASK 'IMEAN'; PRTI=0; clrm followed by the loop over
spectral channels followed by PRTMSG to a file followed by the task
IMRMS.  I do not know if that task still works - it depends on reading
the print file and the format of the message lines could have changed...

ERic Greisen