[daip] New Ticket - [!PMX-866464]: SCMAP

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:42:19 EST 2012

New Ticket: SCMAP

Affected: SCMAP in  31DEC31 AIPS (MNJ today; I tried this on both a 64-bit text install and a 32-bit binary install; I also tried 31DEC11, which seem to behave the same way)

Problem:  SCMAP seems to include visibility data flagged by an FG table in its gain solution, although not in the imaging.

had solutions for that antenna.  The SN table entries have non-zero
weights.

If I run UVCOP to apply the FG table, and then run SCMAP identically
on the output of UVCOP, there are no solutions for the flagged antenna.
When I compared the outputs the versions where SCMAP applied
the FG table and where UVCOP did, I found  significant differences in the output visibilities, images and SN table solutions for the other antennas, but the .IBM001. images are identical.

Notes: I used WEIGHTIT=1; SOLMO='P'; SOLTY='L1'; I tried both
FLAGV=0 and FLAGV=[actual FG table version].  I've attached a data set which exhibits this problem.  Its antenna 5 which is flagged and I used REFANT=1.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: PMX-866464
Department: AIPS Data Processing