[daip] AIPS Help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 4 14:04:43 EDT 2012

vivianchen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been unable to use AIPS because I receive the following message as
> soon as I enter my user id:
>

> AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
> ?926
>  ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =     1127
>  ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1153025 THRU = 1154048 BEYOND EOF = 1153024
>  ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
> MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT
> AIPS 1:                          31DEC10 AIPS:

Your message file has gotten messed up.  It thinks it is bigger than it
actually is and so produces this mess.  The message file is in your
first AIPS data area and is named
       MSDuuu000.uuu\;
where uuu is your user number in extended hex.  exit aips and then rm
this file (only) and start up aips again.