[daip] Source correction with CLCOR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 27 15:51:44 EDT 2012

Andrew Biggs wrote:
> Hi Eric. The data indeed came through the IDI path using FITLD. And the SU
> table entries that I sent you are before CLCOR. I've attached the output
> from PRTAB - source 2 is the one I'm correcting.

I see that I did not read the error messages well enough.  The apparent
coordinate shift was not multiple degrees but of order 100 asec.  It
appears that CLCOR precession disagrees with whatever produced the
apparent coordinates in your file to start with.  The fix to make CLCOR
self-defensive still seems like a good idea but I need to examine the
IDI route also...

Sigh... will AIPS ever work?

Eric