[daip] questions about rflag and flag tables

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 27 13:49:06 EDT 2012

Susan Neff wrote:

> The files were,  I believe, the full files.   I've attached them as a
> separate
> documents in case I messed up copying them or my mailer did something
> peculiar.  The two  UPD20120726.231148.x  were very short (few lines each).
>
> So, my current poorly informed thinking is that when I tried to run mnj
> from
> work, it got the listing of what was needed, but then got cut off when the
> rsynch wasn't allowed.
> Then, it *looks like* the connection maybe didn't happen at all from home -
> strange because both firefox and email were working okay, I think - it
> it sort of looks like nothing happened at all on the later attempt.
>
> So, in theory, I should be able to just start the MNJ again, from home,
> with
> a good internet connection,  and it will work?
> (i.e. the log file is just that ... a log ... and isn't actually read by
> the next
> version?)  Can try again tonight.  Will I get the really big update if I do
> that?  (if yes, might wait).
>
> Thanks for your patience with all this...
> -s-

The file UPD20120726.164205.DOC contained 4 pages of stuff (your
previous e-mail had about 1/2 page of it) showing all sorts of copies
etc etc incl CHANGE.DOC of RFLAG (more than once).  You have run
successfully the MNJ you needed.  Do not run another until you get here
since it will be large.  (I am assuming that that DOC file was for the
computer that you wanted updated of course.)

Check the date on $LOAD/RFLAG.EXE = $TST/$ARCH/LOAD/RFLAG.EXE to see if
it is July 25 or 26.

I don't know why things failed when you ran 7 hours later on 7/26 (the
.231148 UT ones).  And the dns failure is odd - except such things seem
to happen a little and it usually goes away the next day.

Eric