[daip] routine to write FITS-compatible files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 24 17:27:54 EDT 2012

Paul Matthew Sutter wrote:
> Hello Eric, my name is Paul Sutter, and I am a post-doc working with
> Ben Wandelt. I am interested in making some mock radio interferometer
> observations and deconvolving these mock images with CLEAN in AIPS.
> However, I am having some difficulty getting the file format correct.
> Are there any C routines that read and/or write AIPS-compatible FITS
> files? Thank you! -Paul-

There is an entire package of routines called CFITSIO which is described
and available from the main FITS information web site:
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/

I could help with the debugging if necessary - this package is not used
that much in UV data applications (although bcotton's OBIT package uses
it).  There are data emulation tasks in AIPS called DTSIM and UVCON
which could help with this issue.