[daip] AIPS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 16 10:54:53 EDT 2012

David Stops wrote:
> Eric
>
>> Odd - there was a sequence of messages that followed this ticket and
>> they should all be in the daip archive.  This issue turned out to be an
>> issue with a locally compiled version of AIPS.  Has your site compiled
>> its own version or do you use the binary version?  Which release of AIPS
>> are you using and when did you last run a MNJ on it?
>
> We have compiled our own 32bit version of 31DEC12 on Debian Lenny which we
> downloaded and compiled on Friday 14 July 2012, I have just run a MNJ
> which hasnt had  any effect

Judghing by the context in which this issue appeared - there is a
compiler out there which messes up this subroutine (at least).  The
first recommendation would be to use the binary version.  Another thing
one could try is to edit the file $SYSUNIX/OPTIMIZE.LIS

Put in a line

SUREFM          LINUX           0           0

Then COMRPL $APLNOT/SUREFM
      COMLNK $APGNOT/???
where ??? is a task that has been giving you the problem.  Then try it
again.

ERic Greisen