[daip] AIPS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 13 13:48:55 EDT 2012

David Stops wrote:
> Hello
>
> We get a bunch of errors when running certain tasks in AIPS like:
>
> SOUINI: ERROR  3 RETURNED BY SUREFM
>
> I did a quick google and found this:
> http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2012-March/017604.html
>
> This never seems to be resolved but points to a ticket
>
> https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=1595
>
> which I cannot access
>
> Is there a solution ?
>
> Thank you
>
> David
> David Stops (Computer Systems Manager) | Tel: +44 (0)121 414 3652
> Astrophysics and Space Research Group  | Fax: +44 (0)121 414 3722
> School of Physics and Astronomy        |
> University of Birmingham               |
> Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT         |

Odd - there was a sequence of messages that followed this ticket and
they should all be in the daip archive.  This issue turned out to be an
issue with a locally compiled version of AIPS.  Has your site compiled
its own version or do you use the binary version?  Which release of AIPS
are you using and when did you last run a MNJ on it?