[daip] Fwd: Problem in downloading

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 2 15:40:02 EDT 2012

Samir Choudhuri wrote:
> Sir,
> I face another problem when installing after screen 11 regarding AIPS
> TV.The details screen is-
>
> AipsWiz:  =====> Make the XAS TV Server from source if needed...
> AipsWiz: XAS.SHR appears to be already unpacked.
> AipsWiz: About to try to make XAS...
>
> rm -f *.o xas XAS
> /usr/bin/gcc  -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2  -c xas.c
> In file included from xas.c:31:0:
> xas.h:52:22: fatal error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [xas.o] Error 1
> AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build the XAS program.
> AipsWiz: Error: This means no AIPS TV will be available.
> AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::

You need to have XWindows on your system and to point at it properly.
The disk area /usr/include is supposed to have an X11 directory with
necessary files in it (perhaps the X11 rpm was not loaded for your machine).

/usr/include/X11
primate<136>$ ls
ap_keysym.h   extensions/   PM/           Vendor.h
bitmaps/      fonts/        RectObj.h     VendorP.h
CallbackI.h   HookObjI.h    RectObjP.h    Xalloca.h
Composite.h   HPkeysym.h    ResConfigP.h  Xarch.h
CompositeP.h  ICE/          ResourceI.h   Xatom.h
ConstrainP.h  ImUtil.h      SelectionI.h  Xauth.h
Constraint.h  InitialI.h    Shell.h       Xaw/
ConvertI.h    Intrinsic.h   ShellI.h      Xaw3d/
Core.h        IntrinsicI.h  ShellP.h      Xcms.h
CoreP.h       IntrinsicP.h  SM/           Xcursor/
CreateI.h     keysymdef.h   StringDefs.h  Xdefs.h
cursorfont.h  keysym.h      Sunkeysym.h   Xdmcp.h
DECkeysym.h   Object.h      ThreadsI.h    XF86keysym.h
dri/          ObjectP.h     TranslateI.h  Xft/
EventI.h      PassivGraI.h  VarargsI.h    Xfuncproto.h
primate<137>$ ls
ap_keysym.h   Intrinsic.h   VarargsI.h    Xlocale.h
bitmaps/      IntrinsicI.h  Vendor.h      Xmd.h
CallbackI.h   IntrinsicP.h  VendorP.h     Xmu/
Composite.h   keysymdef.h   Xalloca.h     Xosdefs.h
CompositeP.h  keysym.h      Xarch.h       Xos.h
ConstrainP.h  Object.h      Xatom.h       Xos_r.h
Constraint.h  ObjectP.h     Xauth.h       xpm.h
ConvertI.h    PassivGraI.h  Xaw/          Xpoll.h
Core.h        PM/           Xaw3d/        Xproto.h
CoreP.h       RectObj.h     Xcms.h        Xprotostr.h
CreateI.h     RectObjP.h    Xcursor/      Xregion.h
cursorfont.h  ResConfigP.h  Xdefs.h       Xresource.h
DECkeysym.h   ResourceI.h   Xdmcp.h       Xthreads.h
dri/          SelectionI.h  XF86keysym.h  Xtos.h
EventI.h      Shell.h       Xft/          Xtrans/
extensions/   ShellI.h      Xfuncproto.h  Xutil.h
fonts/        ShellP.h      Xfuncs.h      Xw32defs.h
HookObjI.h    SM/           X.h           XWDFile.h
HPkeysym.h    StringDefs.h  XKBlib.h      Xwindows.h
ICE/          Sunkeysym.h   XlibConf.h    Xwinsock.h
ImUtil.h      ThreadsI.h    Xlib.h
InitialI.h    TranslateI.h  Xlibint.h

What compiler are you going to use?