[daip] New Ticket - [!ZBV-405443]: Error when staring AIPS @ HORCRUX

Bin Chen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 31 14:25:45 EST 2012

New Ticket: Error when staring AIPS @ HORCRUX

Hi,

I tried to use AIPS on the workstation HORCRUX at Charlottesville. When I was starting AIPS, it gave the error messages as below:
ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN

It seems to be some permission problem there. This is the first time I use AIPS on the machine. Could you please help me with this? Attached are the full messages after I typed "aips" in the terminal.

Thanks,

Bin

------------------------------
horcrux_bchen<254> aips

You have a choice of 25 printers.  These are:

    No. [ type  ] Description
     1. [     PS] Delete all my print jobs! I don't care!
     2. [     PS] Library printer room ER-301A, two-sided
     3. [     PS] Library printer room ER-301A, one-sided
     4. [     PS] 3rd floor room ER-349, one-sided
     5. [     PS] 3rd floor room ER-349, two-sided
     6. [     PS] 3rd floor room ER-333, one-sided
     7. [     PS] COPIER in room ER-333, single sided
     8. [     PS] 3rd floor, outside Room ER-320, two-sided
     9. [     PS] 1st floor room ER-114, two-sided
    10. [     PS] 1st floor room ER-114, one-sided
    11. [     PS] 1st floor room ER-114, 11x17
    12. [     PS] 2nd floor room ER-208, one-sided
    13. [     PS] 2nd floor room ER-208, two-sided
    14. [     PS] 2nd floor room ER-208, 11x17, one-sided
    15. [     PS] 2nd floor room ER-208, 11x17, two-sided
    16. [PS-CMYK] Color printer room ER-114
    17. [PS-CMYK] Color Printer room ER-349
    18. [PS-CMYK] Color printer room ER-114, TRANSPARENCIES!!!
    19. [PS-CMYK] Color printer room ER-349, TRANSPARENCIES!!!
    20. [PREVIEW] GNU Ghostview previewer
    21. [PREVIEW] GV, another PostScript previewer
    22. [PREVIEW] Sun OpenWindows previewer
    23. [     PS] HP in NTC-A212, two-sided
    24. [     PS] TESTING Green Bank printer in Jansky 234
    25. [     PS] TESTING AOC psnet printer near reception

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 2]:
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the Library printer room ER-301A, two-sided
START_AIPS:  - system name ps3/dup, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using VCOARN-specific default file /home/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST.VCOARN for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /DATA/HORCRUX_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /DATA/HORCRUX_2
   Disk 3 (3) is /DATA/HORCRUX_3
   Disk 4 (4) is /DATA/HORCRUX_4

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called horcrux
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on horcrux asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on HORCRUX asynchronously...

===== AIPS Message of the day... $Date: 2008/12/09 22:36:32 $ (UT) ======
| !!! The 2009 annual update is done!!!  Please read carefully:         |
|            https://wiki.nrao.edu/bin/view/Ccs/ClassicAIPS             |
|     Effective 2008/12/09, versions are:                               |
|          TST is 31DEC09 (all use Intel compiler binaries)             |
|          NEW is 31DEC08                                               |
|          OLD is 31DEC07                                               |
|     NOTE: The Intel binaries used for TST on Linux systems will run   |
|     about 30% faster than gcc binaries.                               |
|     All use dynamic allocation of array processor memory so that      |
|     old issue is gone.                                                |
===== AIPS Message of the day... $Date: 2008/12/09 22:36:32 $ (UT) ======

Starting up 31DEC12 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC12) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server  22
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server  22
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on horcrux
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on horcrux, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1270 height 924,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on horcrux, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on horcrux, DISPLAY :0

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ZBV-405443
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=1451