[daip] AIPS and Lustre

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:17:42 EST 2012

Dan Klopp wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I once heard, but am not certain if this was true, that AIPS would not
> function well on Lustre.  Are you aware of any difficulties between AIPS
> and Lustre?
>
> -Dan

The only issue I know of with Lustre is that it frequently lies to the
code about the size of disk files.  The open routines in AIPS now
respond to being told 0 by issuing a message and waiting.  Also the
bottom level IO routines wait and try again twice if need be if the
alternative is to quit because of I/O after the known "length" of the file.

So there should not be any problem with Lustre.