[daip] TABINI error in CALIB

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:27:18 EST 2012

Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi there. I'm trying to run CALIB on a dataset and am getting an error that I've never seen before. The following is reported:
>
> CALIB3: Task CALIB  (release of 31DEC12) begins
> CALIB3: Using GROTHN3 . SPLAT . 2  Disk= 1 Usid= 4003
> CALIB3: Doing no flagging this time
> CALIB3: Selecting the data
> CALIB3: Using Clean Component self-cal source model
> CALIB3: SETGDS: imaging done with reprojected tangent point(s)
> CALIB3: NO FLUX FOUND FOR CALIBRATOR SOURCE IN SU TABLE
> CALIB3: MODEL WILL USE THE FLUX CONTAINED IN IT ONLY
> CALIB3: THE USE OF GETJY AFTER THIS WILL BE INCORRECT
> CALIB3: FACSET: 1.056908 Jy found from 3419 components
> CALIB3: Divide data by model - first compute model by summing
> CALIB3: TABINI: FILE NOT A TABLE FILE
> CALIB3: FQINI: ERROR   5 FROM TABINI OPCODE = WRIT
> CALIB3: FQINI: ERROR INITIALIZING FREQUENCY TABLE FOR WRIT
> CALIB3: CHNCOP: ERROR    5 WRITING NEW IF TABLE
> CALIB3: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> CALIB3: pc016987 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=     15.6  Real=     68  IO=      4861
>
> I have various other datafiles that have been processed exactly the same way and they don't show this error. Do you know what might be causing it?
>
> In case it's stupid inputs on my part:
>
> AIPS 3: CALIB:  Task to determine calibration for data.
> AIPS 3: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
> AIPS 3: ----------------------------------------------------------------
> AIPS 3:                                    Input uv data.
> AIPS 3: INNAME     'GROTHN3'                  UV file name (name)
> AIPS 3: INCLASS    'SPLAT'                    UV file name (class)
> AIPS 3: INSEQ         2                       UV file name (seq. #)
> AIPS 3: INDISK        1                       UV file disk drive #
> AIPS 3:                                    Data selection (multisource):
> AIPS 3: CALSOUR    'GROTHN3'               Calibrator sources
> AIPS 3:            *rest ' '
> AIPS 3: QUAL         -1                    Calibrator qualifier -1=>all
> AIPS 3: CALCODE    ' '                     Calibrator code '    '=>all
> AIPS 3: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
> AIPS 3: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
> AIPS 3: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to select.
> AIPS 3: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to use.
> AIPS 3: ICHANSEL      1          30        Array of start and stop chn
> AIPS 3:               1        *rest 0     numbers, plus a channel
> AIPS 3:                                    increment and IF to be used
> AIPS 3:                                    for channel selection in the
> AIPS 3:                                    averaging. See HELP ICHANSEL.
> AIPS 3:                                    Default = center 75% of band.
> AIPS 3: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to select. 0=all
> AIPS 3: DOFIT      *all 0                  Subset of ANTENNAS list for
> AIPS 3:                                    which solns are desired.
> [...]

This is perplexing - I am left thinking that there must be some left
over file on your disk that is being mistaken for an FQ table but which
is something else entirely.  The problem is that it is on a scratch file
and they are hard to track down since they are deleted as the task dies.
  File names are
        ttDnnn001,uuu\;
where tt is the file type (FQ) nnn is the slot number in extended hex
and uuu is the user number in extended hex.  Try setting BADDISK to
avoid one disk at a time.  The problem is aips takes the next available
slot and that slot keeps being available...

Good luck.

ERic Greisen