[daip] Problem in TV

Sabyasachi Pal sabyasachi.pal at uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 9 04:38:08 EST 2012

HI,

I am a veteran user of aips and I found a new problem with it - the TVSRV is simply not opening after some system upgrade (MSGSRV and TEKSRV is working). I have tried in different recent versions of Ubuntu, Fedora and Mandriva but the result is same.

I have attached the initial error message.

I tried/checked following things, without any positive result.

1. Checked X-window, it is set at 24 - NOT 16 (output of xdpyinfo attached)
2. Increased shmmax by "set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777216"
3. /etc/service is OK
4. Checked that LOOPBACK is RUNNING (attached output of /sbin/ifconfig -a)

It will be a great help if you can give me some hint to solve the problem. My research deeply depend on aips, so any help will be highly appreciated.

With regards
Sabyasachi

Dr. Sabyasachi Pal
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
M468
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009
AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 (08)  6488 5564
Dreams are not what you see in sleep, but its something which does not let you sleep.