[daip] New Ticket - [!GPS-261447]: tvserver problem

Poonam Chandra do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 16 21:25:06 EST 2012

New Ticket: tvserver problem

Hi,

I am running remote AIPS on AOC machine megrez.
I could not get tvserver in AIPS after VNCing to the aoc machine megrez.
Msgserver and tkservers come fine though.
When I do aips tv=local, this is the error I get in tvserver

UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV1 on megrez
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on megrez, DISPLAY :1.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1662 height 850,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on megrez, display :1.0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on megrez, display :1.0
MakeLink: bind error (UNIX): Address already in use
closedown: unlink: Operation not permitted
TVSERVER told to shut down by XAS
XAS: Quitting NOW.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks