[daip] AIPS error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 6 13:32:50 EST 2012

Sayali Avachat wrote:
> Hello Dr. Greisen,
>
> While running procedure DOFARS, after eveything goes well, at the last
> step I am getting following error
>
> solo.a> FARS 1: INSUFFICIENT SPACE ON DISK  5 FOR FILE DA05:MAD0VH001.10A;
> solo.a> FARS 1: REQUESTED SIZE     16384 AVAILABLE     13034 MBYTES
> solo.a> FARS 1: MCREAT: NO ROOM FOR M87_04_AXUK2.FARSam.   1
> solo.a> FARS 1: FARSIN: COULD NOT CREATE OUTPUT MAP.  IER=      1
> solo.a> FARS 1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
>
> I checked, if I have enough space and I think I do have enough space on
> my disk. Then why is this happening?
>
> Thank you for your help.

DOFARS makes temporary disk files (the transposes of the Q and U images)
as input files to FARS and then FARS makes output images.  It may be
that you use up too much space with those temporary files to allow the
new files to be created at that moment.  Check for things on your disk
you do not want/need and delete them.  Disk is very inexpensive - see
about getting more.  This message is quite reliable and we are very
unlikely to get it in error.