[daip] Problem in FRING

Walter Alef alef at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Tue Aug 14 05:43:12 EDT 2012

Dear Eric,

I talked to Walter B. and I tested the following procedure which worked:
1) remove overall fringe rate and delay on manual pcal scan(s) (APARM(5)=1)
2) apply solution with CLCAL and 2PT
3) run FRING with APARM(5)=0 on same scan(s) with DPARM(9)=1

To me it seems now that the 'ZRAT' option is just a poor man's approach to the
problem of independent fringe rate solutions for each IF in the manual
phase-cal step. As they usually differ only by tens of microHz this is
sufficient, but not the ideal solution.

--

        Regards,
                        Walter

Dr. Walter Alef
Head, VLBI Technology
Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy
Bonn, Germany
For private email use: walef at netcologne.de ---------------------------------