[daip] AIPS compilation problem, error in INSTEP4

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 14 10:47:33 EDT 2012

abhik ghosh wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>               We are currently trying to compile the 31DEC'11 AIPS in
> our REDHAT 6 machine (currently, we cann't access the binary version
> because of some firewall issue of our institute).  It seems that there
> are some errors in the INSTEP4.log file (attached).
>
> Kindly provide us the solution of this problem.

Looking at the list of routines that the linker could not find, it is
clear that INSTEP2 did not work completely.  The C routines did not get
build.  In $TST/$ARCH/INSTALL, the file APLGEN.LIS will have a great
many failures listed (i.e. lines with no - at the front) for all
routines which are C routines.

The error messages will be buried in INSTEP2.LOG use your editor to find
the string ZACTV9 and you will see the error messages.  Or (having done
the LOGIN file and $CDTST) do
     COMRPL $APLGEN/ZACTV8
and see what comes out.  There is something wrong with $SYSLOCAL/CCOPTS.SH.