[daip] Fwd: phase plot question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:25:21 EDT 2012

Robert Mutel wrote:
> Eric,
>
> 768 sources ! That's probably more than the sum of all sources I've ever
> observed.

That is why I have the data set - to test large SU tables.  I thought
this was striking so I mailed it.  The initial tests were on SY tables
for 3 sources and they come out red, green, and blue.

> My idea is to be able to visually differentiate phase calibrators from
> target source in phase-reference experiments to evaluate the reliability
> of the phase interpolation. The attached plot shows a phase plot from
> SNPLT with scan boundaries delineate [doscan =1], but one does'nt know
> which are the phase-cal phases from FRING and which are interpolated
> phases.
>
> I suppose from your plot that you've modified SNPLT to allow color
> mapping of sources? Can you release this on the MNJ?

I have now done a putbck.  Tonight at midnight Eastern Daylight time a
MNJ prep job will run and then a MNJ from elsewhere will get the new code.

> BTW I seem to have not set up the MNJ on my new iMac properly: here's
> the daily log file:
>
> [RLM-IMAC-21:~] robert% more do_daily_aips.log
> cvs update: warning: 31DEC12/COPYING was lost
> cvs update: warning: 31DEC12/DIRECT.FOR was lost
> cvs update: warning: 31DEC12/TIMESTAMP was lost
> cvs update: warning: 31DEC12/SYSTEM/UNIX/UPDATE/UPDLSTDAT.c was lost
> cvs update: warning: 31DEC12/SYSTEM/UNIX/UPDATE/UPDOBSLT.c was lost
> cvs update: warning: TEXT/PUBL/AIPSMEMO27.OLD was lost
> cvs update: warning: TEXT/PUBL/AIPSMEMO46.OLD was lost
> DADEVS.PL <http://DADEVS.PL>: This program is untested under Perl
> version 5.012
> DADEVS.PL <http://DADEVS.PL>: This program is untested under Perl
> version 5.012
> DADEVS.PL <http://DADEVS.PL>: This program is untested under Perl
> version 5.012
>
> The crontab seems OK:
>
> [RLM-IMAC-21:~] robert% crontab -l
> 0 0 * * * daily  /Users/robert/do_daily.rlm-imac-21 >>
> /Users/robert/do_daily_aips.log

Is this all it says?  The "xxx was lost" messages come from the
install.pl proc that omits certain files that cvs thinks should have
been copied.    cvs copies them.  The DADEVS.PL come from running POPSGN
and the like tasks during the running of the MNJ.

You need to check the $SYSLOCAL/UPDCONFIG file to make sure that it has
a proper e-mail address for you.  It almost certainly does not.  The
interesting reports as in $TST/$ARCH/UPDATE/*.DOC and are the files that
should be e-mailed to you.  The do_daily_aips.log appears to be only
messages to syserr.