[daip] running INSTEP2, INSTEP4, et al.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 9 12:22:28 EDT 2012

Bryan Butler wrote:

> eric,
>
> so i can compile my own tasks, i need to compile AIPS from scratch.  but
> i already have the binary installation.  what are the steps i need to do
> to make that happen?
>
> thanks :).
>
>     -bryan

You can put your private task in your own work area along with a help and a

LIBS $area > task.OPT

where $area is e.g. $QPGNOT appropriate to your task.

What sort of computer are you on, i.e. what $ARCH.  If it is a desk top
LNX64 log in to rishi, cd to your area, and do COMLNK.  If it is LINUX,
use dave.  If it is MACINT there is a problem.  You will need an account
on gala and then you have to scp things around.