[daip] New Ticket - [!HJC-486356]: HGEOM and STAR files

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 1 15:32:07 EDT 2012

New Ticket: HGEOM and STAR files

I have encountered a problem running HGEOM. The inputs were two moment 0 maps, both with STAR files attached. Strangely, the resulting output image ended up altered in that the minimum intensity value got reset to equal the maximum intensity value, making the image garbage. I repeated the test in an older version of AIPS and this did not occur.

I noticed the recent update in STARS and decided to try deleting the STAR files before running HGEOM. To my surprise, this fixed the problem, and the HGEOM output now looked as it should.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HJC-486356
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=2128