[daip] New Staff Reply - [!VDO-202876]: Need an official AIPS id

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:00:44 EDT 2011

New Staff Reply: Need an official AIPS id

I have asked helpdesk to assign you one.  That should not be your
real problem however.  Any number > 1 will probably work since we
do not check them.  It is good to have an official number if you
are working on a public workstation so that you can be identified.
However, the AIPS file system is flat so users on their own
workstation tend to use multiple numbers to separate their various
projects (I am using 144 for a Crab Nebula - 3C144 - project).

To make a guess - check if your account is in the aipsuser group.
(Type groups at the command line.)  You must be in the aipsuser
group to use aips.  If that is not the problem, send me the error
messages that occur when you try to run aips.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: VDO-202876
Department: AIPS Data Processing