[daip] BLAPP behaviour

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 17 16:27:09 EDT 2011

Arnaud Collioud wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I put the full uv-data (at X-band) on my ftp server. It is located here:
> ftp://alienor.obs.u-bordeaux1.fr/pub/collioud/For_eric/
> The uv file is about 4.3GB ; I also put some ancillary files like the flag file (for UVFLG), the tsys/gain files (for ANTAB) and the list of antennas and scans.
> Please tell me when you have downloaded these files so I could removed them for the server.

I'm sorry but I do not know what to do here.  INDXR seems fine - I was
confused.  When I try BLAPP in my debugger it gets into an infinite loop
almost immediately.  The problem is that the task assumes that the BS
table has been filled in properly.  Instead, many of the error columns
are pure zero.  The weights are then infinite which causes no end of
trouble.

Perhaps you should ask Walter Alef about this - he has much to do with
MK4IN and may know about the BS table.  People around here have used it
following BLING but were unaware of this mode.

I am curious about your data in other ways.  Many of the data samples
have u = v = w = 3140.8928 which reminds me of magic blanks (although I
am not exactly sure if the value).