[daip] Fring task: new behavior ?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 30 13:42:25 EST 2011

Arnaud Collioud wrote:
> Dear AIPS admins,
>
> I am used to process with AIPS VLBI data, which most of the time contain subarrays. When fringing the data (task FRING), I used to use subarray = 0, in order to automatically loop over subarrays.
> Today, I did the same thing and here is the error I got:
>
> macpco> FRING1: Task FRING  (release of 31DEC11) begins
> macpco> FRING1: UVGET: SUBARRAY    0 NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN CALIBRATING
> macpco> FRING1: AVERT: ERROR   1 ON INIT DATA FOR READ
> macpco> FRING1: ZCLOSE: INVALID LUN =  0
> macpco> FRING1: ZCLOSE: INVALID LUN =  0
> macpco> FRING1: CANNOT DETERMINE INT. TIME FROM DATA; SET DPARM(4)
> macpco> FRING1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> macpco> FRING1: localhost    31DEC11 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>
> Running each subarray separately did the job, but the previous behavior was really useful (especially with lots of subarrays).
> Did something change in the FRING task? Is it possible to re-add this loop possibility?
>
> Best regards,
> Arnaud
>
> PS: I am using AIPS  version 31DEC11, with all the MNJ.

Yes and I overlooked this possibility.  AVERT was taking forever with
EVLA data so I changed it to use the calibration-based routines that are
smart about where to look for data.  They require a real SUBARRAY
however.  I have fixed that routine to use a temporary subarray=1 if 0
has been specified but then restore 0 for the later processing.  A MNJ
tomorrow will get the correction.

Thanks