[daip] Fring task: new behavior ?

Arnaud Collioud Arnaud.Collioud at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr
Wed Nov 30 13:16:13 EST 2011

Dear AIPS admins,

I am used to process with AIPS VLBI data, which most of the time contain subarrays. When fringing the data (task FRING), I used to use subarray = 0, in order to automatically loop over subarrays.
Today, I did the same thing and here is the error I got:

macpco> FRING1: Task FRING  (release of 31DEC11) begins
macpco> FRING1: UVGET: SUBARRAY    0 NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN CALIBRATING
macpco> FRING1: AVERT: ERROR   1 ON INIT DATA FOR READ
macpco> FRING1: ZCLOSE: INVALID LUN =  0
macpco> FRING1: ZCLOSE: INVALID LUN =  0
macpco> FRING1: CANNOT DETERMINE INT. TIME FROM DATA; SET DPARM(4)
macpco> FRING1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
macpco> FRING1: localhost    31DEC11 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Running each subarray separately did the job, but the previous behavior was really useful (especially with lots of subarrays).
Did something change in the FRING task? Is it possible to re-add this loop possibility?

Best regards,
Arnaud

PS: I am using AIPS  version 31DEC11, with all the MNJ.