[daip] GBSRBS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 18 10:51:08 EST 2011

Kazi Abul Firoz wrote:
> Dear Researchers,
>
> Almost 2 weeks ago, I sent an email through website requesting data.
> Since I did not have response, I am writing you this email.
>
> I am requesting data (time-series as well as images) for several events.
> At present I am looking for GBSRBS data for 20-Jan-2005 and 13-Dec-2006.
>
> My intention is to analyze high energy particle events. (I already made
> several papers in JGR/ApJ for high energy particle events analyzed
> with soft/hard X-ray flares).
>
> I am curious about the data like Fig.1 (Attached) of Cho et al. (2007)
> who used GBSRBS data and I got website address from this paper.

You appear to be under the impression that the VLA observes the Sun at
all times.  In fact it observes the Sun only when an accepted project to
do so is scheduled and they are fairly uncommon.

You may go to the NRAO archive and request data more than 6 months old
for any object that was observed.  The web tools let you determine what
was observed on those dates or to find out when the Sun was actually
observed.  If some data interest you, you may request them and then ftp
them to your own computers.  The site daip at nrao.edu manages the software
system (see www.aips.nrao.edu) AIPS which you will need to load these
data and calibrate and image them.

Eric Greisen, Scientist and AIPS Manager