[daip] New Staff Reply - [!MYX-552615]: IMEAN

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 10 11:53:35 EST 2011

New Staff Reply: IMEAN

The DOINVER true bug was an error in setting up dynamic
memory and I have fixed it.  The robust fit will now also
use the full X and Y image honoring only BLC/TRC(3-7)
when DOINV false.  Before it used all of BLC/TRC values.
If you want to avoid the robust initial guess, you may put
keywords ACTNOISE and ACTMEAN as single-precision float
values in the header with PUTHEAD.  IMEAN will then use
those as the initial guess.  I can't make the fit misbehave
for me although the values it gets with a small window
surrounding a strong source are not what it gets with a
big window (DOINV false).  Tomorrow's MNJ will include
the fixes.

I could not get it to ignore NBOXES - it does what it
is told.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: MYX-552615