[daip] AIPS install failure Linux 64 bit

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 13 10:35:00 EDT 2011

Bill Boyd wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> So the binary install for ARCH=LNX64 mostly worked, but it is picking up ARCH=UNKNOWN from somewhere even though I explicitly set it to LNX64 in .AIPSRC.  Midnight Job setup fails:
>
> AipsWiz: About to run 'MAKE.BMNJ '...
> AipsWiz: This will generate a fair bit of output.
> sh: /apps1/linux-apps/aips/31DEC10/UNKNOWN/SYSTEM/CDVER.SH: No such file or directory
> AipsWiz: Not good; no /apps1/linux-apps/aips/31DEC10/LNX64/SYSTEM/UCBLINASTRO/UPDCONFIG found; did MAKE.BMNJ fail?
> AipsWiz: You should investigate this.
>
> This presumably propagates to FILAIP:
> Cannot find /apps1/linux-apps/aips/31DEC10/UNKNOWN/LOAD/FILAIP.EXE
>
> Any hints on how to fix this?

I suspect that the issue is in your $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST file as I
wrote previously.  The .AIPSRC entry helps install.pl to know the
desired answer but some programs the use the files that have been set up
instead of the information from install.pl.  These use the HOSTS.LIST
file and are not finding your computer name and site name.

If you want send me the output of "uname -a" and a listing of the
HOSTS.LIST file.