[daip] AIPS install failure Linux 64 bit

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 12 18:38:58 EDT 2011

Bill Boyd wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response.  I was under the impression that the binary version might have library issues since it was produced with a different Linux distribution and compiler suite than ours.  But if it works, I'm happy to use it as it will be much easier as you say!  I'll give it a try.

We send the needed libraries along so long as you have a relatively
recent system.
The Intel compiler is just better for Intel chips.  It is too expensive
to require sites to buy but we are allowed to include the libraries so
it is not needed.  AIPS even sets up pointers to cause it to set up
LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly.-

Eric Greisen