[daip] New Client Reply - [!ZKC-985987]: Help on installing AIPS on MacBook

Khadija EL Bouchefry do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 9 04:22:59 EST 2011

New Client Reply: Help on installing AIPS  on MacBook

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've tried that but did not fix the problem.

I have tried a response from you to someone with the same problem on the daip archive and it worked (ticket: FHX-942014)

I just added AIPStv*useSharedMemory: 0 to ~/.Xdefaults file and then xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults.

now when runing AIPS I got the following:

<<....
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: !!! Shared memory not selected !!!
XAS: Using screen width 1430 height 778,
     max grey level 196 in 16 grey-scale memories
XAS: Warning -- creating virtual colormap
MakeLink: bind error (INET): Address already in use
TVSERVER told to shut down by XAS
XAS: Quitting NOW.
XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host localhost, display /tmp/launch-mhV4Ea/org.x:0, user (unknown)
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-mhV4Ea/org.x:0
......>>

I am concerned about this two lines:

XAS: Warning -- creating virtual colormap
MakeLink: bind error (INET): Address already in use

Please let me know if this OK ?

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ZKC-985987
Department: AIPS Data Processing