[daip] New Client Reply - [!ZKC-985987]: Help on installing AIPS on MacBook

Khadija EL Bouchefry do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 4 08:12:53 EST 2011

New Client Reply: Help on installing AIPS  on MacBook

Hi there,

Yes, I do  have the correct stuff in the /etc/services.  I also visited the AIPS Manager FAQ http://www.aips.nrao.edu/aipsmgr/   and followwed all the instrucutions given there but the TV still did not work.  The MSG server and TEK server works fine.  I  also  have rebooted the computer...but in vain

I  also have changed  the value of kern.sysv.shmall from 4096 to 65536 and when  I start aips in an X11 window the following message is given:
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1430 height 778,
     max grey level 196 in 16 grey-scale memories
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  132 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  33
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1

is this an  X11 issue. I do not really know  what is going wrong here?

Best wishes,

Khadija

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ZKC-985987