[daip] AIPS 31DEC10 SNPLT

Yuri Y. Kovalev yyk at asc.rssi.ru
Mon Mar 7 09:34:16 EST 2011

Dear collegues,

I had to install today the most recent version of the 31DEC10 AIPS since
you do not update any more my favorite 31DEC09.
Yes, 31DEC09 was very good. Thank you!

I immidiately ran into a problem which I have heard about before but did
not see myself yet. It seems, the problem is not fixed yet.
I plot a postscript file with pulse-cal data in the following way:

* Plot PC table and check if all antennas have meaninful PC data:
task 'snplt'; inext 'pc'; pixr 0; timer 0;anten 0
inv 1; nplot 8; optyp ''; source '';dotv false; factor 1
stokes ''; runwait('snplt'); plver 1; inv 20; aspmm 0; outfil 'U:PC.PS
runwait('lwpla'); inext 'pl'; inv -1;extdest

Dataset: BL149DB.
I did it two times.
Ones, I was using 31DEC09 to reduce my data.
Then, I used the most recent 31DEC10 to do the same.

It seems, 31DEC09 did know how to plot pulse-cal data (attached
PC_31DEC09.PS.gz) while 31DEC10 has certain issues (attached
PC_31DEC10.PS.gz).
Since I know that the pulse-cal data are there, the problem is for sure
with plotting. I wonder if something could be done about it? Thank you.

Cheers,
Yuri