[daip] RMS flux density per pixel

Modhurita Mitra modhurita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:24:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

I need to know the RMS flux density per pixel in an off-source region of an
image. IMSTAT reports the RMS in Jy/beam, and also reports the beamsize in
pixels. To calculate the RMS flux density per pixel, do I divide the RMS
reported in Jy/beam by the beamsize in pixels? If not, how do I calculate
it?

Thanks,
Modhurita