[daip] aips not starting

Heesen, Volker v.heesen at herts.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 14:38:01 EST 2011

Hi there,

I have tried to use an old aips installation. aips starts but there is a problem with the data areas. I am also not sure which user id I have used for the data disks. Below I post the error message I get when I start aips. Any help would be very welcome!

Best regards,

Volker

--

uhppc4.herts.ac.uk> aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the (no description supplied by installer)

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /local1/home/vheesen/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /local1/home/vheesen/data/UHPPC4_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /local1/home/vheesen/data/UHPPC4_2
   Disk 3 (3) is /local1/home/vheesen/data/UHPPC4_3
   Disk 4 (4) is /local1/home/vheesen/data/UHPPC4_4
   Disk 5 (5) is /local1/home/vheesen/data/UHPPC4_5

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called uhppc4
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on uhppc4 asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on UHPPC4 asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC08 AIPS with normal priority
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC08) at priority =   0
XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host uhppc4, user vheesen
XASERVERS: XAS is already running on host uhppc4, display :0, user vheesen
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host uhppc4, display :0, user vheesen
XASERVERS: MSGSRV is already running on host uhppc4, display :0, user vheesen

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?612
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:PWD000000;          NOT FOUND
uhppc4.herts.ac.uk>