[daip] I have a problem to use AIPS.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 9 10:10:50 EST 2011

??? wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm P.Park, a graduate student.
>
> I attached an error message what I got, when I try 'POSSM'.
>
> It made me hard to carry on a data reduction..
>
> Please give me some advise..

Curious - it means that the dynamic memory used by something (probably
application of the bandpass calibration) got an addressing problem
causing it to over-write word 0 of that memory.  When it is freed at
the end of the task, you get this kind of error.

Can you show me (1) the inputs used to POSSM, (2) the output of IMHEAD
on the data set, and (3) the messages produced in the message window by
POSSM ahead of the abort?  Also please tell me what release of AIPS you
are using and whether it was compiled locally or the binary version.

Note that POSSM is simply a display task and I suspect that this error
occurs after it has actually done its display.   The problem should not
slow down your reductions although it would be nice to fix it for you.