[daip] UVCON's problem at pointing error

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 8 14:50:45 EST 2011

Roy,

I have not paid attention on your point model being shifted by 2000asec>
0.5 degrees. I thought the source is just at the center. So my
conclusion about the negligence of the pointing error is almost wrong :(

Now I have carried out the test of UVCON using the GMRT configuration
you sent me.

The result:

1.Using BPARM=-1,0 I got the amp of visibilities =1 elwhere as it is
expected. BPARM(6) = 0 => no multiplication by the primary beam (see help)

2. Using your input for UVCON I got the amp =~0.3 for the baseline3-4.
    this value is changed every 10min. (I used the
tolerance=BPARM(7)=10mins). See the help for the tolerance. The change
of the Vis amp between the tolerance interval is ~0.015 (as an example
from 0.316 to 0.311 This is the effect of random pointing error).

So I conclude, UVCON does not have a problem at the pointing error
area!!!!!! :) I do not have an idea, why UVCON did not work at you hands.

I am waiting now other possible UVCON problem. Please one by one not all
together.

Thanks

LK