[daip] New Ticket - [!QEH-944432]: opacity & antenna gain curve application in INDXR

Roger P Deane do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 20 15:54:10 EDT 2011

New Ticket: opacity & antenna gain curve application in INDXR

Hi

I am reducing an EVLA 35 GHz dataset (observed Nov 2010) in both AIPS and CASA. I downloaded the AIPS friendly fits files which cannot be loaded by FILLM it seems (error message is appended to this message). I load the uvdata using UVLOD followed by UVSRT and then run INDXR. I cannot seem to apply opacities and the gain curve models in the INXDR step. The very helpful AIPS COOKBOOK EVLA appendix suggests "bparm tau 0" where tau is ~0.04 depending on the weather conditions. The WX table contains the relevant information so a "bparm 20 0" should work. However, neither of these two approaches are applied to the CL table. I delete both the CL 1 and NX tables before running INDXR. I also try explicitly loading the gains file using the  "in2file" keyword in INDXR. I am running 31DEC08 as our IT department has not upgraded our machines which we do not have root access to.

What am I missing?

Many thanks
Roger
___________________________________
Output from FILLM

asosx6> FILLM4: Task FILLM  (release of 31DEC08) begins
asosx6> FILLM4: ******************************************************
asosx6> FILLM4: **   Times written by FILLM are now centered in     **
asosx6> FILLM4: **   the integration, before they were at the end   **
asosx6> FILLM4: ******************************************************
asosx6> FILLM4: Shadow flag limit =  2.500E+01 meters.
asosx6> FILLM4: Opacity correction in CL table weighted average of weather and
asosx6> FILLM4:    season.  Weight for weather = 0.00
asosx6> FILLM4: Gain curve correction in CL table read from file,
asosx6> FILLM4:    with variation as function of antenna and band.
asosx6> FILLM4: Opening PWD:10B-219.55505_2
asosx6> FILLM4: FLDKIO: LBYTES=    5888 BUT IERR = 0
asosx6> FILLM4: No data found meeting selection criteria!
asosx6> FILLM4: Read         0 visibilities from  1 files
asosx6> FILLM4: Appears to have ended successfully

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QEH-944432
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=784