[daip] New Ticket - [!UWX-615131]: Polarization Calibration

Akshaya Rane do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 15 16:31:11 EDT 2011

New Ticket: Polarization Calibration

Hi,
I am reducing 1667 MHz OH spectral line data from project AC319 (JUN-92, polarizations RR, LL, RL, LR). Observations include 2 calibrators-1328+307(3C286) as flux and polarizatio calibrator and 1827-360 as a phase calibrator. I am using AIPS31DEC2010 version.
I am trying to do polarization calibration but having problems with 'pcal'.
AIPS cookbook says that pcal should be run on the phase calibrator. When I run pcal, it deletes my AN table and the task aborts. I don't understand what is going wrong here. I have used following inputs for pcal:
>inp
AIPS 2: PCAL    Task to compute polarization corrections
AIPS 2: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 2: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 2: INNAME     'DAY1-COPY'             Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 2: INCLASS    'UVCOP'                 Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 2: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 2: INDISK        5                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 2:                                    Data selection (multisource):
AIPS 2: CALSOUR    '1827-360'              Sources to calibrate with
AIPS 2: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to use.
AIPS 2: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 2: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 2: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 2: BIF           0                    Lowest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 2: EIF           0                    Highest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 2: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to solve for.
AIPS 2: UVRANGE       0           0        UV range in kilolamdba
AIPS 2: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>all
AIPS 2:                                    Cal. info for input:
AIPS 2: DOCALIB       1                    > 0 calibrate data & weights
AIPS 2:                                    > 99 do NOT calibrate weights
AIPS 2: GAINUSE       2                    CAL table to apply.
AIPS 2: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 2:                                    CLEAN map (optional)
AIPS 2: BLVER        -1                    BL table to apply.
AIPS 2: FLAGVER       0                    Flag table version
AIPS 2: DOBAND       -1                    If >0 apply bandpass cal.
AIPS 2:                                    Method used depends on value
AIPS 2:                                    of DOBAND (see HELP file).
AIPS 2: BPVER         0                    Bandpass table version
AIPS 2: SMOOTH     *all 0                  Smoothing function. See
AIPS 2:                                    HELP SMOOTH for details.
AIPS 2: IN2NAME    ' '                        Cleaned map name (name)
AIPS 2: IN2CLASS   ' '                        Cleaned map name (class)
AIPS 2: IN2SEQ        0                       Cleaned map name (seq. #)
AIPS 2: IN2DISK       0                       Cleaned map disk unit #
AIPS 2: INVERS        0                    CC file version #.
AIPS 2: NCOMP      *all 0                  # comps to use for model.
AIPS 2:                                    1 value per field
AIPS 2: FLUX          0                    Lowest CC component used.
AIPS 2: NMAPS         0                    No. Clean map files
AIPS 2: PMODEL       0     Source poln. model
AIPS 2: SOLINT        2                    Soln. interval (min) 0=>10.
AIPS 2: SOLTYPE    'APPR'                  Solution type:
AIPS 2:                                    'ORI-', 'APPR', 'RAPR'
AIPS 2: PRTLEV        0                    Print statistics 0=>none
AIPS 2:                                    1 = some, 2 = lots. Use 1.
AIPS 2: REFANT        2                    Reference antenna, 0->pick
AIPS 2: BPARM      *all 0                  Task enrichment parameters
AIPS 2: CPARM      *all 0                  Task enrichment parameters

Thank you,

Akshaya Rane

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: UWX-615131