[daip] DSORC

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:47:59 EDT 2011

Amy Mioduszewski wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am trying to use DSORC to renumber VLA3 in BL176D VLA3.UVSRT.1 from 6
> to 5.  I think I am using the right inputs:
>
> AIPS 2: DSORC    Renumbers selected source numbers
> AIPS 2: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
> AIPS 2: ----------------------------------------------------------------
> AIPS 2: INNAME     'BL176D VLA3'           Input UV file name (name)
> AIPS 2: INCLASS    'UVSRT'                 Input UV file name (class)
> AIPS 2: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
> AIPS 2: INDISK        2                    Input UV file disk unit #
> AIPS 2: OUTNAME    ' '                     Output UV file name (name)
> AIPS 2: OUTCLASS   ' '                     Output UV file name (class)
> AIPS 2: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
> AIPS 2: OUTDISK       2                    Output UV file disk unit #.
> AIPS 2: APARM         6        *rest 0     Source numbers to be changed
> AIPS 2: BPARM         5        *rest 0     into these numbers
>
> But after doing this when I try to SPLIT the output file I get this error:
> SPLIT2: Task SPLIT  (release of 31DEC11) begins
> SPLIT2: You are using a non-standard program
> SPLIT2: Averaging all selected channels in frequency
> SPLIT2: Doing subarray  1
> SPLIT2: FAILED TO SELECT VALID DATA
> SPLIT2: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
>
> (splitting BL176D VLA3.UVSRT.1 works fine).
>
> When I look at the SU table for the DSORC output file, the "ID. NO." is
> still 6.    Could this be the problem?  Do you want me to look at it?

Oddly - DSORC correct all tables BUT the SU one.  The latter has an
unusual name for the source number column and uses SOURCE for the
character-valued name rather than the number so it needs to be treated
differently.  It also misses an NX table now that ALLTAB does not copy
one.  Fixed all these things.

Eric