[daip] AIPS installation

Otto, S, Mej <14576309@sun.ac.za> 14576309 at sun.ac.za
Mon Sep 27 11:52:16 EDT 2010

Good day,

I was wondering if you could help me out. I am trying to install AIPS on my Mac and first had some trouble connecting to your ftp site. I am now able to connect but have some issues with rsync. When I run the install.pl file, it goes through all the screens and starts installing, but then stops, giving a rsync error. I suspect that it might be that our server blocks the port that rsync uses. Do you perhaps know how I could change the port that rsync should use?

Thnak you,

Sunelle Otto