[daip] Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument on mac osx 10.6 w 64bit mode

Hiroko Shinnaga shinnaga at phobos.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 16 16:55:50 EDT 2010

  Dear Eric Greisen,

   Thank you very much for your prompt response again.
Thank you very much for the explanation of REBYTE.
Now I understood that task xxx doesn't work this case.

   The startup message on the new computer is as follows.

//////////
hshinnaga at LOCALHOST: ~> aips

You have a choice of 3 printers.  These are:

     No. [ type  ] Description
      1. [     PS] Hilo Brother DCP-8065DN
      2. [PS-CMYK] Hilo Brother Color Laser
      3. [   TEXT] HP Deskjet 5700

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]:
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the Hilo Brother DCP-8065DN
START_AIPS:  - system name lp2, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
   (Using global default file
/Users/hshinnaga/tools/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
    Disk 1 (1) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_1
    Disk 2 (2) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_2
    Disk 3 (3) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_3
    Disk 4 (4) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_4
    Disk 5 (5) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_5
    Disk 6 (6) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_6
    Disk 7 (7) is /Users/hshinnaga/tools/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_2

Tape assignments:
    Tape 1 is REMOTE
    Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC10 AIPS with normal priority
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC10) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host localhost, user hshinnaga
XASERVERS: XAS is already running on host localhost, display
/tmp/launch-eGshW1/:0, user hshinnaga
XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host localhost, display
/tmp/launch-eGshW1/:0, user hshinnaga
XASERVERS: MSGSRV is already running on host localhost, display
/tmp/launch-eGshW1/:0, user hshinnaga
10216
AIPS 1:                          31DEC10 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2010 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit

//////////

   The old machine uses AIPS 2008.

   Yes, I've been using the number 10216 for some specific
data analysis/reduction.  There seemed to be no problem
when I was using the number on my old machine.

Hiroko

ps.  The startup message on my old machine is as follows;

hshinnag at csohilo-195: ~> aipsset
hshinnag at LOCALHOST: ~> aips

You have a choice of 6 printers.  These are:

     No. [ type  ] Description
      1. [     PS] ps1bw
      2. [       ]
      3. [       ]
      4. [PS-CMYK] pscolor
      5. [PS-CMYK] pscolor
      6. [PS-CMYK] pscolor

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]:
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the ps1bw
START_AIPS:  - system name _128_171_85_11|128.171.85.11, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
   (Using global default file
/Users/hshinnaga/tools/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DA
DEVS.PL)
    Disk 1 (1) is /Users/hshinnaga/tools/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1
    Disk 2 (2) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_1
    Disk 3 (3) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_3
    Disk 4 (4) is /Users/hshinnaga/data/LOCALHOST_2

Tape assignments:
    Tape 1 is REMOTE
    Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC08 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC08) at priority =   0
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1670 950, max grey level 255
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?10216
AIPS 1:                          31DEC08 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit
 >indi 1
 >pca
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  1
AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
AIPS 1:    1 **** I10216LS06TM.UVDATA.    1 UV 23-APR-2008 21:31:03
AIPS 1:    2 **** I10216LC1TMP.UVDATA.    1 UV 18-APR-2008 13:08:58