[daip] Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument on mac osx 10.6 w 64bit mode

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 16 16:40:52 EDT 2010

Shinnaga Hiroko wrote:
> Dear Eric Greisen,
>
>   Thank you for your kind response.
>
>   The old one is mac osx 10.4.11 Intel core duo (32bit) and
> the new one is mac osx 10.6.4 intel core 2 (64bit) duo.
>
>   Should I use REBYTE for this case? Typing "help REBYTE"
> gives me instructions, however,  of I say 'task REBYTE', it says

REBYTE is not appropriate in this case.  These two are essentially
identical Itel chips both little endian if used naturally.  I think it
would have been possible to force aips to use the MACPPC version on the
old machine but it is highly doubtful that you would have been so foolish.

REBYTE is a stand alone program run outside AIPS.  HELP REBYTE will
work, but it is not a task and of course TGET does not work until you
have run some tasks and TGET REBYTE will never work.

That leaves us with the more important problem - why is it not seeing
your old data?  Do you really use aips number 10216 (extended hex 7VS)?
Can you send me all the messages you get when you start up aips?

Eric Greisen