[daip] Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument on mac osx 10.6 w 64bit mode

Shinnaga Hiroko shinnaga at caltech.edu
Wed Sep 15 19:42:36 EDT 2010

Dear Eric Greisen,

  Thank you so much for your prompt kind response to my question.

  I rebooted the computer and now I got TV!  Thank you very much.

  I'm migrating from old to new computer, and I set my Disk 1/2/3 on
the new computer be the one that I created using my old computer.
I was expecting to see quite a few files under those disks, however
I found no data there.  I copied the directories from old one to the new
one.  Is that what we should expect?  If I say pcat, on those disks that
I should have some files on, it says

>pca
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  1
AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
AIPS 1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 15 NREC =        6
AIPS 1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 5121 THRU = 6144 BEYOND EOF = 5120
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)

On the other hand, if I do pcat on the disk that are newly created, it says
>pca
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  5
AIPS 1:    Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt    Last access     Stat

Maybe I cannot use the disk that some files are saved created using
AIPS on other computer?

Also, if I say "task fitld", it gives me following.

>tget fitld
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:TGD0B4000.7VS;      NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO FILES OF TYPE TG VERSION  0 OPEN ERR      2

Please note that I setenv-ed MYAREA at some directory before starting AIPS.

Could you guide me how to assess these problems?

Hope to hear from you soon.  Thanks very much.

Hiroko