[daip] New Staff Reply - [!QAD-525825]: application of SN delay terms contains unwanted phase wrap

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 25 19:49:49 EDT 2010

New Staff Reply: application of SN delay terms contains unwanted phase wrap

Although most of my arguments in the last e-mail hold, I
can see a way to manage this.  The routine that reads the
CL table converts delays into cos(delay) and sin(delay).
If I change that to keep simply delay, then the
application routine can get the delay difference times
the channel offset as still a delay (in phase units).
This can then go to a cos/sin per channel but also be scaled
by the frequency offset to get the starting phase correctly.

I will make this change in late November.

ERic Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QAD-525825
Department: AIPS Data Processing