[daip] Problem with TV server

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 25 14:05:32 EDT 2010

Rubén López Coto wrote:

> XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on dreg36, DISPLAY
> /tmp/launch-aLVx2F/org.x:0
> XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on dreg36, DISPLAY
> /tmp/launch-aLVx2F/org.x:0

> Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
> Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
>

> AIPS 1: ZSSSL2: dreg36: UNKNOWN HOST
> AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
> AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
> AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
> AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

The top lines tell me that you are running on a relatively recent Mac.

I do not know what the locale is about - that string does not occur in
XAS.SHR or the MS and TK servers.

The last is an error return from the system service gethostbyname which
has asked your operating system to locate your dreg36 machine in
internet lists.  It must work to set up tables to make an internet
enabled socket.  Often local machines especially laptops are not known
in such lists.  Use the TV=local option unless you need another machine
on the internet to also use the TV on dreg36.

ERic Greisen