[daip] Problem with TV server

Rubén López Coto rlopez at iaa.es
Mon Oct 25 13:21:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've the following problem with the TV server (I include the whole output after starting):

START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /Users/ruben/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/ruben/AIPS/DATA/DREG36_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /Users/ruben/AIPS/DATA/DREG36

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called dreg36
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on dreg36 asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on DREG36 asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC10 AIPS with normal priority
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on dreg36
XASERVERS: Start XAS on dreg36, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-aLVx2F/org.x:0
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC10) at priority =   0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on dreg36, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-aLVx2F/org.x:0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on dreg36, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-aLVx2F/org.x:0
STARTPMON: [DREG36] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA01
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server  12
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server  12
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1430 height 778,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?333
AIPS 1:                          31DEC10 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2010 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit
>tvall
AIPS 1: ZSSSL2: dreg36: UNKNOWN HOST
AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

I've everything good defined, so I don't know where is the problem....

By the way, I can start aips with aips tv=local and everything works fine.

Thank you in advance,
Rubén

Rubén López Coto
Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía
Glorieta de la Astronomía s/n 18008, Granada, Spain
Tel: 958 230 613
Fax: 958 814 530
E-mail: rlopez at iaa.es