[daip] New Ticket - [!IZG-157220]: UXFIX does not create a new NX table

James M Anderson do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:20:00 EDT 2010

New Ticket: UXFIX does not create a new NX table

Hello,

I am running UVFIX on an old VLA multi-source Solar dataset to convert to equinox J2000 so that I can use the clean component model of 3C286 for calibration.  However, UVFIX no longer copies over the NX table, so when I try to run software later on (GETJY in this case), AIPS complains.

It would be useful if the help file for UVFIX would indicate that the user needs to either copy over the NX table manually, or generate a new NX table (INDXR?).  However, since UVFIX possibly changes the timestamps of the visibilities, it is not immediately clear which solution the user should take.  (Since I am using a recent version of FILLM and did not set that adverb, I presume that I can just manually copy the NX table).

In the AIPS change log I see

13172.  May 19, 2010           UVGLU, ALLTAB              Eric

that ALLTAb was changed to never copy over NX tables, explaining why my old data processing script has stopped working.  A note in the help file, or having the program generate a new NX table automatically for multi-source files, would be useful.

Have a good day,

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: IZG-157220
Department: AIPS Data Processing